What place should Christians have in the cinematic art form? It seems in the not-so-distant-past, Christians and their institutions considered going to the cinema as verboten. Given the power and reach of film, why didn’t the church embrace the cinema as a tool to reach the world with the Gospel? As we answer these questions we do need to recognize the real challenges that Christian filmmakers face, that making film is a massive and costly team endeavor, and that the world rejected Christ, so we should not be surprised when the cinematic powers-that-be reject our films. These questions are just some of the conundrums Dr. Coppenger and I wrestle with in this episode.
- The New Hollywood Cinema with Dr. Gary Bettinson
- The Reel Deal Guys Indie Film Duo with Rafael Kalamat and Jason Barbeck
- Glorious Films launches Glorious Radio for the Holidays
- The Canadian International Faith & Family Film Festival with Rafael Kalamat & Jason Barbeck
- Sanctuary Cinema; Origins of the Christian Film Industry