What place should Christians have in the cinematic art form? It seems in the not-so-distant-past, Christians and their institutions considered going to the cinema as verboten. Given the power and reach of film, why didn’t the church embrace the cinema as a tool to reach the world with the Gospel? As we answer these questions we do need to recognize the real challenges that Christian filmmakers face, that making film is a massive and costly team endeavor, and that the world rejected Christ, so we should not be surprised when the cinematic powers-that-be reject our films. These questions are just some of the conundrums Dr. Coppenger and I wrestle with in this episode.
- MMP 59: Make Me Want to Turn the Page with Richard Walter part 2
- Why you need to listen to Richard Walters Substack ‘Get Reel’
- MMP 58: Don’t Be Boring | A Conversation with UCLA Screenwriting Professor Richard Walter
- 7 Indie Micro-budget Filmmakers Who Have Chutzpah
- MMP 57: Faith Film Micro-budget Powerhouse with Jason Campbell