What place should Christians have in the cinematic art form? It seems in the not-so-distant-past, Christians and their institutions considered going to the cinema as verboten. Given the power and reach of film, why didn’t the church embrace the cinema as a tool to reach the world with the Gospel? As we answer these questions we do need to recognize the real challenges that Christian filmmakers face, that making film is a massive and costly team endeavor, and that the world rejected Christ, so we should not be surprised when the cinematic powers-that-be reject our films. These questions are just some of the conundrums Dr. Coppenger and I wrestle with in this episode.
- Engaging at the Intersection of the Arts and Theology
- Bringing the Vision of Creatives to Market with Brian Mitchell of WTA Group
- The Faithful Filmmaker with Brad Silverman Part 2
- Grace Unplugged in Christian Film – with Director Brad Silverman
- A Right Moral Ecology; The Instinctive Nature of Christian Films with Jonathan Leeman